Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sorry Everyone!

No I didn't fall off the face of the planet, my internet went down at my house.  I will spare you the details but AT&T is lame and it took weeks to get it back up. I cannot even express to you how much that complicated my life.  Anyway...

How is my P90X journey going?  All I can tell you is that I am doing the best I can.  My little one is old enough now to go into the daycare at the YMCA so I have been going there to do my workouts.  Sometimes I take my little video player and find an empty room and workout there.  Sometimes I just bring the worksheets and go down the list making sure I finish in under an hour. Some days I can't get a workout in or can only get part of a workout in, but I just do what I can. My life is crazy, my baby is so sweet but completely unpredictable, my tea company obligations grow by the day, and my husband has a constantly changing schedule.  This makes it tough for me.  But I am not giving up.  Since Kasey is doing so ridiculously amazing it pushes me to remain dedicated.  I am not doing 9 pull-ups (as if!), but I did 25 push-up (the boy kind) in a row last week which is a huge improvement for me since I could do ZERO when we started.  I am not losing weight as fast as I hoped, but I finally dropped below 140lbs so at least it is coming off slowly but surely. I am struggling the most with my abs.  It is a long, slow process after a c-section.  I do get frustrated however.  What is that saying? "Pain is weakness leaving the body..."  That would be me these days. 

Anyone having trouble with their wrists?  My left wrist is hurting.  Any advice?

I also wanted to tell you all that I love my GoWearFit by BodyMedia.  It really holds me accountable.  I love to see how many calories I burn everyday and I try to beat it the next day!  I recommend it.

Lastly, I promised recipes.  So here is one I love and it is perfect for a busy life like mine.

Easy Foolproof Slow Cooker Chicken

All you need is a slow cooker and a whole (preferably organic or all natural) chicken.  I usually get a six-pounder or so because I like to make soup from the left-overs.  Rinse the chicken in cold water and clean out the cavity.  For extra flavor, cut up a lemon and onion into large chunks and break off three or so whole cloves of garlic and stuff them into the cavity of the chicken.  Add any herbs you like to the cavity as well, thyme is always good with chicken.  Season the outside with salt and pepper.  Put the whole chicken into the slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.  That is is!  When it is done it is so tender the meat just falls off the bone. I usually serve it with some root vegetables like carrots and potatoes (but celery root is also awesome) and brown rice or quinoa and spoon the juices from the cooked chicken over everything.  Try it and tell me what you think.  I can almost guarantee this will become a weekly staple meal.

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment