Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's been hectic...

I'm in the homestretch of my P90X journey....I have to admit the past week or so have been tough.  My baby boy hasn't been napping very well, I had a paper and finals due, a certification course for work to complete and of course all the holiday craziness.  I've been trying to get my workouts in but I haven't been doing nearly as well as I'd like to.  To compensate, I've been doing daily sets of pullups and trying to get about 3 miles in on the treadmill.  Not the strong finish I was hoping for but I am maintainig my strenght....I've actually gained some pullups! 

I know life is going to be full of these crazy times - it would be so easy to just put off working out until after the holidays....but that won't get me anywhere.  It's so easy to fall out of shape, out of the routine and to run out of motivation.  Once you start on that downward path, the task of climbing back up seems so daunting.  So my solution is not to let myself fall.  It is hard to find a straight 50 or 60 minutes to work out right now.  But that doesn't mean I can't break it up and fit it in.  I'll be posting my results in about a week!!!  I'm feeling good - hopefully it shows in the pictures!

Also, I registered for Tough Mudder!  Team name = XXX (Because we're DIRTY)  Thanks to my good friend Tim Collins for thinking of that one.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment