Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tough Mudder

So Kasey talked me into the Tough Mudder.

I'm a little nervous.  Okay, a lot nervous.  It is going to be a challenge (by challenge I mean the hardest thing I've done since giving birth without medication) but it won't kill me.  One way or another I will cross the finish line.  I am committed to that much.

It does feel good to train for something though instead of just exercise.  I look like a crazy person jumping around the YMCA weight room doing scissor squats and mountain climbers and hanging on the pull up bar for as long as I can.  But I don't even care.  I'm on a mission. Twice this week I worked out so hard I felt nauseous.  Ugh!  It reminds me of track practice and I hated track practice.  But I am loving working out with a goal, and a lofty one at that. 

I have also really felt my body turn a corner.  Six months post c-section feels like a new me.  I can push myself harder and I don't suffer in pain for days after a work out.  I am sore but not in that injured kind of way as before. My wrist doesn't hurt anymore either. I am getting stronger and I feel it.  Getting stronger is like a drug, an addictive drug. I still have a long way to go to be ready for the Tough Mudder but I have four months to get there and I'm giving it my best shot.

I am excited to post the process!

~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooooooooooooo sososososooooooooo so so so excited too! Its going to be amazingly awesome! :)

    ~Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you make it across the monkey bars Kasey!

    ReplyDelete